Monday, July 19, 2010

Box Canyon

I took my niece Emma and her friend Becca and the girls on what is probably my favorite hike--Box Canyon in Maple Canyon.
We made it this far climbing up and over all sorts of obstacles, but once I saw that imposing wall, I said it was time to turn back. I know Emma and Becca could have made it, but the idea of handing the little girls off to each other on the way up and down didn't seem too fun.
I probably should have taken this picture from the other side of this big rock, too, so you could see the drop-off behind them.
We went over some rocks, and under others. This one was a little tough for Emma and Becca to get under, but they were troopers.
Climbing up to a cave. Caroline and Anna were upset when I made them stop in the middle of climbing to take a picture. They just wanted to climb!
Inside the cave.

Happy hikers! We had a lot of fun. I was glad that Grandma was willing to let Charlie stay home and take a nap, because this hike would have been a lot harder with a baby carrier!

5 comments:

  1. OH the secrets that canyon holds... some of the best times at snow were had there. I love that place. Your hike looks like fun. And that last picture of you and the girls is the sweetest thing i have seen since christmas with my nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a fun day! The girls look so happy in the pictures. I'm glad that you guys went and explored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! You are an awesome aunt. I love Maple Canyon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO our daughters....going hiking in a dress/skirt and flip-flops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done that hike twice with babies. It's no fun. Yay Grandma.

    ReplyDelete