Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Caroline's First Day of School!

Aunt Colette: Caroline, are you excited for school to start?
Caroline: I'm not excited, I'm enthusiastic!

(The girls asked me last week what "enthusiastic" means. I obviously didn't explain it very well.)
Caroline packed her own lunch. Crackers, chips, nilla wafers, fruit snacks, and a strawberry milk.

Caroline: (Coming up from the basement, where she got her strawberry milk) Mom, you should have gotten it, because I was busy watching my shoes light up and I tripped!
Charlie kept wondering why he wasn't the center of our attention (for once...).
Waiting for the bus at the bus stop. With Bolt, of course.

Getting on the bus! It's a little sad when, even though she's in second grade, your kid is the smallest on the bus. Good luck, Liner! Have a great first day!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a success. Grandma Parnell Skyped me and told me that she spoke to C about the first day of school, and that C said it was "Awesome." Hope every day is as "awesome" as the first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the first day of school! They looked excited and very pretty in their school clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for first days! I love her musical note shirt. She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete