Saturday, August 27, 2011

911 Emergency!

This morning I was minding my own business. Nate had taken the girls on a "date" to Macey's to get ice cream. Charlie was up in his room playing. I was making a few phone calls when I heard a terrible scream upstairs. My pulse started racing and I ran as quickly as I could to see what the problem was. Now I have to say that there are a few times as a mom that you make split-second decisions that can either make you a good mom or a...not bad, but less than good...mom. This was one of those moments. I took one look at Charlie, who seemed sure that he wasn't going to live to tell the sad tale of his misfortune, and I turned the other direction to get the camera. Here's why:



And yes, that IS a Dora the Explorer toddler bathroom seat stuck on Charlie's head. After I took a few really good shots, then I helped Charlie get it off. Maybe he'll learn that toilet seats don't make good necklaces.

7 comments:

  1. Your title scared me! I thought something terrible had happened. Glad Charlie's OK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just awesome! Way to capture the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might need 911 if I can't stop laughing

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me laugh a whole bunch. He's such a cute kid- even with a toilet seat on his head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious! I almost cried from laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, you are a good mom. What would he (you) do without a picture to prove his (your) story?

    ReplyDelete